#Most widely used brand of therapeutic oral iron supplement, based on cumulative total of IQVIA sales data in the last 10 years.
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE.
For use when you have been diagnosed as iron deficient and your doctor has recommended a therapeutic oral iron supplement.
Ferro-grad C contains ferrous sulfate 325 mg (equivalent to 105 mg elemental iron) and sodium ascorbate 562.4 mg (equivalent to 500 mg Vitamin C).
Ferro-grad C is a Viatris trademark. Copyright © 2022 Viatris Inc. All rights reserved. Viatris Pty Ltd. Level 1, 30-34 Hickson Road, Millers Point NSW 2000. Tel 1800 314 527. FGC-2022-0047. Prepared April 2022.
- Ferro-grad C Product Label.
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia. Information about Iron Deficiency. Third Ed 2013. Available at www.gesa.org.au.
- Brise H & et al. Effect of ascorbic acid on iron absorption. Acta Med Scand 1962;171 (s376):51-58.
- Pasricha SS et al. Diagnosis and management of iron deficiency anaemia: a clinical update. Med J Aust. 2010;193:525-532.
- Better Health Victoria. Available at: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/iron. Accessed: April 2020
- Nutrition Australia Victorian Division. Iron Fact Sheet. Available at: http://www.nutritionaustralia.org/sites/default/files/Iron-2014.pdf. Accessed: April 2020